The prize money on offer in both the men's and women's game has jumped up significantly in recent years and this section of the website keeps track of the remuneration on offer at every ATP and WTA tournament in the calendar year.
Historical data is also provided to show percentage changes over time. We also convert currencies into Euros, US Dollars and Pounds Stirling to provide a comparison for readers in different parts of the world. The full list of tournaments can be found below and are categorised by their standing on the respective tours.
Grand Slam Prize Money
Masters 1000 Prize Money
- BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells 2020 Prize Money
- Miami Open 2020 Prize Money
- Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters 2019 Prize Money
- Mutua Madrid Open 2019 Prize Money
- Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome Masters 2019 Prize Money
- Rogers Cup 2019 Prize Money
- Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati 2019 Prize Money
- Rolex Shanghai Masters 2019 Prize Money
- Rolex Paris Masters 2019 Prize Money
ATP 500 Prize Money
ATP 250 Prize Money
- Qatar ExxonMobil Open Prize Money 2020
- Adelaide International Prize Money 2020
- ASB Classic, Auckland Prize Money 2020
- Cordoba Open Prize Money 2020
- Tata Open Maharashtra Prize Money 2020
- Open Sud de France, Montpellier Prize Money 2020
- New York Open, Long Island Prize Money 2020
- Argentina Open, Buenos Aires Prize Money 2020
- Open 13 Provence, Marseille Prize Money 2020
- Delray Beach Open Prize Money 2020
- Chile Dove Men+Care Open Prize Money 2020
Defunct ATP or Paused Events
The tournaments below were last held in 2019 on the ATP Tour.
WTA Premier Prize Money
WTA International Prize Money
Prize Money FAQs
What is the difference between Prize Money and Total Financial Commitment?
If you've ever studied one of the PDF draw sheets you will usually see two figures: Prize Money and Total Financial Commitment. Prize money is purely the onsite prize money awarded to the players in both qualifying and the main draw.
Total financial commitment includes onsite prize money but also has in the various other fees for running a tournament such as the ATP tour fee, marketing fees, hotel accommodation for players (new for 2019) and a bonus pool contribution.
I generally quote the total prize money figure when displaying prize money here rather than the total financial commitment.
How often do you update the prize money pages?
All the prize money pages are updated throughout the year, as soon as the latest prize money figures are announced for a particular tournament they'll be updated to the latest figures along with the percentage increase or decrease vs the previous year's tournament.
Does total financial commitment include appearance fees?
Yes, it does, non-mandatory events often offer the bigger name players appearance fees to lure them to the tournament as they often sell a lot of tickets. It's rare the appearance fees are disclosed but if you deduct the prize money from the total financial commitment and see a huge difference compared to tournaments that haven't got any star names, you can get a rough idea of the money involved.